Lynette Alcántara is available for vocal workshops, masterclasses, adjudication, audition preparation and singing lessons for advanced pupils.
Singing Teaching – Lynette has a thriving singing teaching practice in Cambridge where she coaches
Pupil successes include
- ABRSM exams
- Entry to music colleges at post-graduate level
- Oxbridge Choral Scholarships
- The Girl Winner 2015 BBC Radio 2 Young Choristers of the Year
Outreach, Workshops and Masterclasses
- As a member of the BBC Singers she regularly leads singing workshops as part of the BBC’s education work. She has worked on the GoSing and Play it again initiatives, and the I’d Do Anything TV programme, and worked with inner London schools and youth choirs as well as BBC Proms Come and Sing workshops.
- Lynette has led vocal workshops for the The King’s Singers, Britten Sinfonia, BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra, and Aldeburgh Music including conducting the Cambridgeshire Friday Afternoon Project at the Cambridge Music Festival which was streamed live to Cambridgeshire Primary Schools, and around the world via the Guardian website. For many years she was the vocal coach for the Cambridge University Music Society Chorus.
- Lynette has given vocal masterclasses at the Conservatorium of Music, University of Melbourne and the Royal Irish Academy of Music and presented at the Australian National Choral Association Choralfest and International Society for Music Education conferences.
- Workshops for Sancton Wood School, King’s College School, SingUP, Cambridge Music Partnership, Hackney Children’s Choir, Berkshire Youth Choir, Exaudi Youth Choir, The Young Voices of Melbourne, Romsey Choral Society, Fairhaven Singers and Choir 2000.
- Lynette teaches the Vocal Health and Training course on the MMus in Choral Studies course at the University of Cambridge
- Guest lecturer – Conservatorium of Music, University of Melbourne
Choral Animateur / Conducting
- Lynette is Founder, Conductor and Trustee of King’s Junior Voices a ninety voice children’s choir and music charity which she set up in 2008. King’s Junior Voices is a non-auditioned, free childrens’ choir which performs in Cambridgeshire venues including Ely Cathedral, King’s College Chapel and West Rd Concert Hall.
- She is a Fellow and Director of Music at Wolfson College, Cambridge where she conducts a 50 voice mixed adult choir and a 20 voice chamber choir.
- From 2007 to 2010 Lynette worked as Choral Animateur for the Choir of King’s College, Cambridge funded by the national singing programme ‘SingUp’, and led workshops in twenty-five Cambridgeshire primary schools. She has also led teacher training sessions for SingUP.
Lynette has been teaching since her student days where she was awarded a Bachelor of Music Education with Honours in Voice at the University of Melbourne, specializing in classroom singing, choral skills and the Kodály Method. In Australia she taught in several specialist music schools, and worked for The Australian Boys’ Choir, Melbourne Youth Choir. She was a founding staff member of The Young Voices of Melbourne.